Continuing on with my missing months post it’s time to explore what I won in June of this year!
For those of you that are new to the blog I’m a comper. You can read more about my comping and why I do it here. But the short story is that after having to quit work due to keep up with my sons additional needs I needed to find something that meant we could still afford the nicer things in life!
June was a quiet month with a total of 9 wins totalling £551. Highlights of the month included a set of 6 Emma Bridgewater mugs, a HUGE bundle of kids books worth almost £200 and £100 Mainline Menswear voucher for Father’s Day. Even though i won less prizes this month the quality of them was quite high so it still felt like a good month. So many of my prizes this month were related to ComicCon bizarrely!
PRIZES THIS MONTH INCLUDED;
- A huge bundle of books from a publishing company. This was a twitter win were they asked to see what you had been up to during half term and I shared a picture of the kids at ComicCon
- A huge Jurassic World merchandise bundle, RT to win. Important point here – the promotor DM’s me to say I had won by quoting the picture I had sent them. Once again even on a RT to win competition I recommend you reply with a relevant photo – I used a picture of us at a Jurassic world photo op from ComicCon
- St Moriz Dry Oil tanning mist, Twitter, RT to win
- £100 Mainline menswear voucher, this was a judged competition. You had to share the best things about your Dad. I sent in a picture of Harper dressed as Darth Vader with Dan in full storm trooper gear (ComicCon!) saying something along the lines of his best traits being keeping the empire safe, blasting rebels but still having time for cuddles!
- Dr Beckman whites bundle, Twitter, RT to win
- James Read coconut water tan, Instagram, Like and comment. There were 10 up for grabs to a high chance of winning!
- £50 amazon voucher, This was a competition I entered at our last ComicCon visit where you had to take a pic and upload it to Twitter.
- Solo Star Wars book, Twitter, RT to win. Again the promoter DM’d me quoting the picture I had used as a reply. I strongly believe a lot of RT to wins are ‘randomly’ picked by the quality of a reply on a lot of competitions. I used a ComicCon picture of all of us in full cosplay with a huge number of Star Wars cosplayers as my reply. In keeping with the theme check out the thank you picture I sent the promotor back!
- Emma Bridgewater mug set. A lovely purchase necessary competition from Waitrose where you had to buy some milk. There was a lot of prizes available on this one so again chances of winning were greatly increased.
So a quieter month but still some lovely prizes. I’d reduced my comping this month so was pleasantly surprised with how much I still won. I’m slowly catching up with my missing months. I may even have August’s posts written on time. Or maybe not, the 6 week holidays are still ongoing….