It’s the start of another month, which means yet another review of another month of comping! For those of you that are new to the blog I’m a comper. You can read more about my comping and why I do it by clicking the link. But the short story is that after having to quit work due to keep up with my sons additional needs I needed to find something that meant we could still afford the nicer things in life!
It’s the return of the unboxing video! This month’s format means I’m sharing the prizes that I have unboxed (which means there may be a crossover from last months winning list). Having Chase back at school and Brooke starting school I thought I might have more time to comp but it turns out I’ve had less. This is down to finally having time to do jobs around the house that I’ve not been able to do for months!
This month’s unboxing stats sees 20 prizes opened worth approximately £599. As mentioned above I had grand visions of having loads of free time and using it all to enter competitions. As it turns out the release of the stress I has built up over the school holidays left me in a complete state and I struggled to have the motivation to do anything – let alone comping. I’m pleased to say though a few weeks into the new school year my brain has started to relax and i’ve finally got my motivation back again.
I had a sudden influx of magazine wins this month from children’s mags. Now that we’re on the run up to Christmas I’m hoping this will continue as kids magazines are an excellent source of kids toys for both birthday and christmas presents – as long as you manage to hide them from the kids that is!
Either watch the video to see what we unboxed and where we won it from (plus loads of other super useful moments such as Brooke holding the video up numerous times) or if you’re short on time just have a skim read below about what we won!
- Massive Instagram Beauty Bundle haul, Like and comment on Instagram
- Derma Organics, Like and comment, Instagram
- Tractor Ted Puzzle Play mat and toy tractor, Kids Magazine win, email entry
- The spy who loved me merchandise bundle, RT to win, Twitter
- Jimmy Choo Perfume 100ml, Instagram win, tagged by a friend and we both won
- Bowling game for 4 people (husband also won so bowling for 8!), Fruit Shoot Purchase, Text to win – Instant win
- Personalised Stikets bundle, RT to win, Twitter
- Lego Minecraft set, Kids Magazine win, email entry
- Kicker Stunt Ball, Kids magazine, email entry
- Fitbit Charge 2, Effort competition (see last months post for details)
- Coca Cola Bluetooth Speaker, web entry form
- Equalizer 2 merchandise bundle, RT to win, Twitter
- Yes to coconut oil moisturizer, Instagram like and comment
- £15 Tesco Gift card, Tesco text to win
- SunSense kids roll on SPF50, Facebook like and comment with picture of your child going back to school
- Personalised Anchor Lunchbox one for Chase and one for Brooke, a purchase necessary prize draw with anchor
- Regatta waterproof coat, Like and comment Facebook
- Stroller buddy, like and comment on Facebook
- Spiderman Game on the PS4, RT to win on Twitter
I’m still patiently waiting for my first ‘big’ win of the year but in reality you can’t expect to have one every year, even if some years you have more than one! Still plenty of useful, practical and lovely wins that have helped saved us some money!
October is going to be a busy month for us, the halloween effort comps will start to be appearing soon. I shall also be preparing the family for a usual October trip to ComicCon as well as sorting out presents for Brooke’s birthday. I’m concentrating a lot of gifts from this month onward hoping to win as much as I can towards Christmas!
What are your comping plans for the month ahead? Sending lots of motivation and luck your way for October!