It’s the start of another month, which means yet another review of another month of comping! For those of you that are new to the blog I’m a comper. You can read more about my comping and why I do it by clicking the link. But the short story is that after having to quit work due to keep up with my sons additional needs I needed to find something that meant we could still afford the nicer things in life!
This month was supposed to see the return of my unboxing videos to the blog. Well thanks to the 6 weeks school holidays that never materialized. Instead I’m here with a blog post run down of the prizes that I’ve won this month. I’m sure there will be some crossovers when I return to the unboxing video but in the meantime read on to discover what prize winning notifications I had this month.
This month’s winning stats sees 26 prizes worth approximately £1111 (there’s something oddly satisfying about typing all the 1’s together). Things started off slow during the beginning of August but then I had a flurry of wins towards the end, notching up 9 weeks in the last week of the month.
Almost all of my prizes this month were from prize draws. The 6 week school holidays has quite a large impact on comping for most compers with kids. I find the best way for me to squeeze comping in is to concentrate on short bursts of entering quick prize draws, attempting effort competitions feels like an impossibility. That being said I did use one of my husbands days off to help look after the kids so I could enter one judged effort competition and made a video with Brooke – which I’m pleased to say was a winner!
- 2 tickets for a Thames cruise service, RT to win on Twitter
- Holy Potatoes cute plush, Like and comment Facebook
- A pair of Fit Flops for me and a friend, Like and tag Instagram
- Gullivers Family Land Ticket, Like and comment Facebook. An extra special win as Chase had asked me if we could go. Started my search for competitions to win tickets and the first competition I found we won!
- Levi’s Jeans for me and a friend, Like and tag Instagram
- A massive hair care bundle tailored to my hair type, Like and comment Instagram. I wasn’t sure what to expect from this bundle but I was blown away. So many cool and high end products as well as a Toni & Guy beach waver included
- A pen and phone holder, RT to win on Twitter
- Family Bowling tickets x 2, text to win. This was an instant win that both myself and husband entered – and we both won. Another family day out provided for thanks to my hobby
- A bundle of innovative cleaning tools – including a bendy mop. Like and comment Facebook
- A pair of weekend tickets to the OM yoga show and protein snacks. Like and tag a friend on Instagram. Looking forward to taking one of my friends who is training as a yoga instructor to this
- Crate of Kids drinks. Comment with your favourite Roald Dahl book on Twitter to win. I added a photo of Chase dressed up as George from George’s marvellous medicine to my comment
- A crate of pringles. This was won in a Facebook Live video. You had to guess which flavour pringles was the winner. I received a whopping 20 tubes of pringles!
- 2True Makeup bundle. The initial prize was just to win a product of your choice but when my prize came through the company had sent a massive bundle of the products as well.
- Nature’s Finest Fruit Pot, RT to win Twitter. I think this is the booby prize of the month, I was at least expecting a pack of fruit pots to arrive, but instead one single serving sized pot arrived in the post. The cost to post was more than the actual fruit pot itself!
- Fox’s Biscuit Hamper, Comment to win Twitter. For this competition Fox’s biscuits wanted to see what you needed all the extra energy for over the 6 week school holidays. I sent a picture of my kids saying they had been driving me wild and it was me who needed the extra energy to keep up!
- Jimmy Choo 100ml new fragrance, My friend tagged me in an Instagram competition for this prize and we both won – Thanks Emma!
- Huge bundle of makeup and accessories, Like and tag friend Instagram. This brilliant haul will be unveiled on next months unboxing video. There were over 1k entries for this so it was a surprise to be drawn as the winner. Not to mention it was one of those instagram comps where you an enter as many times as you like and some people enter 10 times, I’m pretty sure I only entered once!
- A Stunt football, magazine email entry. Brooke is going to love practicing her ‘soccer’ skills (she watches too many american youtubers…)
- A Face and Body Elixir, Like and comment on Instagram. A rather lovely high end beauty product, I love my skincare so it’s always brilliant to get to try out new products
- The spy who dumped me merchandise bundle, RT to win Twitter
- The equalizer 2 merchandise bundle, RT to win Twitter
- Anchor Lunchbox, a purchase promo with Anchor Butter
- £15 tesco gift card, a text to win from Tescos. I had a text message come through at the end of the month telling me I’d been selected as a re-drawn winner for this prize. The actual promo was ran back in May with McCoys to win ether a years or weeks worth of Tesco meal deals. I’m surprised that they’re still re drawing winners now for anyone who didn’t initially claim their prize
- Fitbit Charge 2, effort judged competition from Cully & Sully. A Fitbit has been on my list for ages -I was so desperate for one as mine had broken I ended up buying one – and then my husbands old Fitbit broke so I’ve carried on trying to win one. Click the link for the video Brooke helped me make to spread the word of Cully & Sully soups!
- Mixx Wireless headphones, a daily effort competition with Pringles. Both husband and I have been entering daily but he was the first to win. The massive grand prize is a £10K bespoke music experience which would be an amazing prize to win. SuperLucky Di has full details on this promo on her blog.
And that’s it for the whole month! As a large number of prizes were won towards the end of the month expect to see them in Septembers unboxing video. Chase returns to school this month and Brooke starts school which means I am down to just one child to keep entertained most days, I’m looking forward to the return of a routine which allows me to squeeze a few more competitions in but am going to miss having Brooke around as she loves making videos so much!