It’s the start of another month, which means yet another review of another month of comping! For those of you that are new to the blog I’m a comper. You can read more about my comping and why I do it by clicking the link. But the short story is that after having to quit work due to keep up with my sons additional needs I needed to find something that meant we could still afford the nicer things in life!
October was a very successful month prize wise. I’ve felt like there have been a lot more competitions around that I’ve wanted to enter and with Halloween placed nicely at the end of the month it was the perfect time to delve back into some creative entries. Most of the halloween competitions haven’t been drawn yet, but I’m pleased to report that at least two halloween prizes made it into the prize unboxing video for this month.
This month I focussed mainly on clearing the competitions list from Competition Database and doing a few social searches on Facebook and Twitter each day. I was utter rubbish this month at keeping up with instagram.
This month’s unboxing stats sees 19 prizes opened worth approximately £1190. That’s one less prize than last month, but almost double the value. There’s a few wins listed below that didn’t make it into the video because I accidentally permanently deleted a section of the video. What a tit.
Really excited that 3 of the 19 wins were effort competitions that were judged. There’s something extra special about putting the effort in and then getting a reward for it. Twitter and Instagram were my most successful platforms this month for winning prizes from.
Either watch the video to see what we unboxed and where we won it from or if you’re short on time just have a skim read below about what we won!
- Gosh Primer Plus, Instagram, like and comment
- Mira Shower, Instagram, Regram – I barely ever regram these days, but the shower looked amazing and we’re hopefully having the entire bathroom redecorated soon (wet room!) As the picture didn’t have any ‘WIN’ splurged all over it I went for it. A huge thanks to my friend Hannah who tagged me to let me know about the competition
- Stylist Live tickets, Instagram, like and comment – looking forward to attending this as last year i won over £1000 of prizes by attending!
- £50 Monki voucher, TOTP email magazine entry
- Organic Cotton T-shirt, Instagram, like and comment – this is so unbelievably soft and lovely that it’s organic too!
- Swizzels halloween sweet hamper, Facebook, effort judged. My first halloween and judged win of the month! Swizzels were giving away a hamper of sweets every day. You had to share your halloween photos past and present.
- Tom Kerridge recipe book and tea towel, Twitter, effort judged. This one was a runner’s up prize i received for sharing my best of British bake – a quorn and vegetable pie I made
- Deichmann shoes of choice and a Champneys spa day for 2, Instagram, like and comment. I was so chuffed to win a spa day and shoes!! My boots of choice had broken so I picked out a new pair of boots and I am in dire need of a spa day so what a result!
- PJ Masks Huge Toy Haul, Blog rafflecopter win. My only blog win for the month I couldn’t believe when this arrived. The prize arrived next day and they PR company sent me an even bigger set than the prize was advertised as. It’s all been stashed away for Christmas.
- Kawaii pencil case, Instagram, like and comment
- £50 Cash, Twitter, RT and reply to question – cash wins are the best. This helped pay for the extra from going to……
- MCM ComicCon weekend passes – my husband was lucky enough to win these on Twitter with a RT to win
- A huge bundle of cook books, Instagram, Like and comment
- A kids board game, Twitter, RT to win – I’ve forgotten to open this in my unboxing, whoops!
- Hush Hush book, a daily comp ran on Twitter, RT to win
- Vodafone Treats Box, RT to win and reply with your halloween plans
- Bundle of vegan chocolates, Instagram , like and comment. These will be perfect as stocking fillers and small christmas gifts to people
- Evil Spirit gin, Twitter, RT to win
- Huge £200 Edding Craft bundle, The last win of the month was a whopper from Edding. This was a judged competition with a picture of Brooke being possessed by her doll as the winner. Loads of amazing crafty pens in this bundle to help with future competition entries or for cosplay!
The Christmas competitions have already started to appear. It’s time to get organised and get ready for the advents that will start to pop up soon. I’m hoping to have a few more halloween wins come in over the first week or so but we will have to see, every year I;m amazed at the quality of entries and new ideas that other compers come up with. I’ll be posting a blog post about getting ready for Christmas comps in November so make to subscribe to the blog.
What are your comping plans for the month ahead? Sending lots of motivation and luck your way for November!